Eggnog is one of those few drinks that instantly transport you to far away Christmas places with Nutcracker Princes, Sugar Plum Fairies and Mouse Kings. I find it's a perfect night cap at the end of a busy Christmas day. While is does take some time to make, it is well worth the effort.
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 2 cups hot milk
- 1/2 cup Brandy
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- Place the egg yolks, sugar and milk in a large heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Whisk for about 15 minutes or until the mixtures coats the back of a spoon.
- remove from heat, stir in brandy and refrigerate until cold.
- Beat the cream and add to the mixture.
- Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form and add to the mixture (you may have to whisk this to ensure it is well combined).