I have a funny story this week, we set out to make blueberry muffins until we arrived at the fruit shop and realised that we required $20.00 worth of Blueberries (we miss summer). So after a quick rethink we arrived at White Chocolate Muffins made with a whole block of Nestle Milky Bar. White Chocolate Muffins - yum.
Easy to make and great for after school, lunch box snacks or just a special treat to get you through to the weekend. Best eaten slightly warm.
Recipe: (makes 12)
- 120g Block Nestle Milky Bar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 220g plain flour
- 125g caster sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180c and grease a muffin pan or use muffin cases.
- Shift the flour and baking powder and mix in the sugar. Make a well in the centre.
- Mix the milk, vegetable oil, egg and vanilla in a separate bowl.
- Chop the Milky Bar Block into small pieces.
- Gradually add the liquid to the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Mix through the White Chocolate.
- Divide between the 12 muffin cases
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool muffins on a wire tray