Welcome to Wicked Wednesday, Wednesdays will be dedicated to sweet indulgences, because we all need a treat now and then.
Given we are in Christmas season, today's sweet indulgence is Vanilla Cup Cakes topped with butter cream icing, sparkles and a Christmas snow flake cup cake topper (soon available in our store).
These are simple to make and look great, Enjoy.
- 12 Vanilla Cup Cakes - use your favourite recipe
- 125g softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 Tbls milk
- Food colour - I've used Wilton icing colour in Royal Blue (sparingly)
- Sparkles - I've used Wilton cake sparkles in white
- Make the cup cakes.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until soft and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and 1/2 the milk
- The mixture should be quite thick so it can be piped, add more milk if required
- Add the food colour a small amount at a time and mix well until you reach the desired colour
- Using a piping bag and star nozzle pipe the icing in a circle motion
- Sprinkle with sparkles
- Add cup cake topper
- Chic Party Ideas: Printables
- Wilton: Cake decorating products