It's hard to believe another week has passed and we have another wicked Wednesday upon us.
This week I've rolled up the sleeves and made some delicious Yo Yo biscuits with a delightful passionfruit cream centre. These are really, really nice. They are sweet but not too sweet as the passionfruit adds a delightful tang to the Yo Yo biscuits.
These little gems are loved by young and old and can be served with anything from a formal High Tea to a school lunch treat.
Ingredients: Makes 9 to 10 joined biscuits
- 185 g Butter (softened)
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup custard powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 passionfruits
- 60 g butter (melted)
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Cream the butter and icing sugar.
- Add sifted flour and custard powder in three batches and mix well.
- Form into balls, slightly smaller than a ping pong ball and place on a lined oven tray.
- Gently press each biscuit with the back of a fork.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Sieve the passionfruit pulp to remove the seeds.
- Add pulp to the melted butter and 1 cup of the icing sugar and mix well.
- The cream must be quite firm, so continue to add icing sugar until you reach a firm consistency.
- Allow the biscuits to cool, before joining the biscuits with the cream.