Welcome to another wicked Wednesday, I still can't believe it is only one week to Christmas, so little time and so much to do. This week I'm continuing the Christmas Cupcake theme with some cute Christmas Bauble Cupcakes. These Cupcakes look fantastic and will brighten up any Christmas table. Bauble Cupcakes allow you to test your creativity and imagination - not to mention your cake decorating skills. Enjoy!
- 12 Vanilla Cup Cakes - use your favourite recipe
- Ready to use soft icing, I've used orchard.
- Food colour - I've used Wilton icing colour in various colours
- Sparkle Gel - I've used Wilton in various colours
- Sparkles - I've used Wilton cake sparkles in white
- Cachous - Silver and Blue
- Apricot Jam
- Make the cup cakes.
- Separate the icing into smaller sections and knead until soft.
- Add food colour and continue to knead until well blended.
- Roll out icing to approx 5 ml and press out circles (I use a glass and dust with plain flour)
- Spread a small amount of apricot jam onto the cupcakes and then add the icing circle, blending the icing in at the edges.
- Make a small hanging hook. I've rolled a small amount of icing into a sausage shape and then formed it into a loop. Attached to the cake with sparkle gel.
- Time to decorate, use small shapes of soft icing (attached with sparkle gel), sparkle gel, cachous balls or what ever else you have available.
- I find it best to work with smaller quantities of icing and work with 6 Cupcakes at a time.
- Always start with the lightest colour icing as this food dye is very powerful.