Welcome to another addition of wicked Wednesday and the first day of 2014. Today I'm sharing a tried and tested quick and yummy caramel slice that is made on a regular basis at our house.
This makes quit a lot of slice but keeps well in the fridge for a number of days.
- 1 packet Morning Coffee Biscuits (240 grams)
- 120g butter
- 90g Brown sugar
- 1 tbls Golden Syrup
- 1 can condensed milk
- Chocolate Icing
- 120g Dairy Milk chocolate
- 120g Copha (see notes)
- Line the base of a 11 inch x 7 inch slice tray with whole biscuits
- Crush the remaining biscuits and leave aside.
- Place the butter, brown sugar, golden syrup and condensed milk in a saucepan.
- Gradually bring to the boil, string constantly.
- Simmer for 4 to 5 minutes
- Remove from the heat and stir in the crushed biscuits
- Place the mixture on top of the biscuit base and allow to cool
- Melt the milk chocolate and Copha together and ice the slice.
- Allow to set.
- Through writing this post I've discovered that copha is only available in Australia. This recipe will work just fine if you used 240g of melted chocolate and omitted the copha.