Welcome to another Wicked Wednesday, and one of my all time favourite cheesecake recipes, Kahlua Cheesecake. I've been making this cheesecake every summer for at least 15 years and I continue to enjoy it. This is not one for the children as it has a good dose of Kahlua but it is absolutely delicious.
We shared this cheesecake with good friends on a very hot Melbourne night. It went great with iced champagne while lounging luxuriously around a swimming pool, a great way to end a 41 degree day.
- 250g chocolate biscuits, crushed. (I've used Chocolate Ripple)
- 150g melted butter.
- 4 teaspoons Gelatine
- 3 tablespoons water
- 150 ml whipped cream
- 750g Cream Cheese (I've used Philadelphia cream cheese)
- 4 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 tin condensed milk
- 120 to 180 ml Kahlua
- 100g dark chocolate - melted
- Fruit to garnish.
- Combine crushed biscuits and melted butter and press into the base and sides of a 23cm spring pan.
- Dissolve Gelatine in water over a bain marie.
- Whip cream and put aside.
- Whip cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add condensed milk and Kahlua.
- Fold in the whipped cream and gelatine.
- Swirl in the melted chocolate (try not to completely blend the chocolate, but leave noticeable swirls)
- Pour filling into the crumb crust and refrigerate overnight
- Plate with berries and enjoy