Normally I reserve a Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding for a cold winter night but decided this week will be an exception. I just love it when you break into these puddings and you have a lava like eruption of Chocolate sauce ooze over the plate. I like Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding with a good Vanilla ice-cream and Raspberries. But it also works wonderfully with thick whipped cream.
- 60 g butter
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 3/4 cup packed cup brown sugar
- 2 cups boiling water
- Ice cream, raspberries and dusted cocoa to serve
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Grease a 6 cup capacity baking dish.
- Melt the butter with the milk in a small saucepan.
- Add the vanilla, caster sugar and 2 tablespoons of cocoa.
- Mix well and pour into the baking dish.
- Combine the brown sugar and remaining 1 tablespoon of the cocoa in a bowl with 2 cups of boiling water.
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved, and pour carefully over the back of a spoon over the batter.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until the top is firm.
- Dust with cocoa and serve with fresh raspberries and ice.cream