Well, we've reached another Wednesday and less than a week to Saint Patrick's Day.
I must admit that when I think about Saint Patrick's Day the first thing that comes to mind is a pint of Guineas, straight from the tap in a good old Irish Pub. sigh!.
In the absence of Guineas, I've turned to chocolate and made some simple choc chip cookies with green m&m's. These little treats are a simple and easy way to celebrate Saint Patrick's Day. With the remaining yellow m&m's I've created a pot of gold that should help me catch any leprechauns that are hiding in my garden.
Ingredients: Makes 25
- 125 g Butter (softened)
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 3/4 cup m&m's (green) - Buy at least a 200g packet of m&m's
- Pre heat oven to 160 c.
- Cream the butter and sugar's.
- Add egg and vanilla essence.
- Fold in flour and green m&m's.
- Place teaspoons of mixture on a baking tray lined with Baking Paper.
- Bake for 10 - 15 minutes.