While this is a very short working week with both Easter Monday and Anzac day holidays, I couldn't let a Wednesday slip by without a Wicked Wednesday post. This week I've made my favourite slice, which is the humble Lemon Slice. Lemon Slice is a wonderful afternoon tea and is perfect with a good coffee. Equally Lemon Slice can be made for a high tea or just a treat for school.
This slice is best removed from the fridge 30 mins prior to slicing.
- 2 Packets Marie Biscuits
- 1 tin Condensed Milk
- 250 g Butter
- 3 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 1/2 cups Icing Sugar
- 3 tablespoons softened Butter
- Grated Rind of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- Crush the biscuits in a food processor.
- Melt the butter.
- Mix together the crushed biscuits, Condensed Milk, Melted Butter and Lemon Juice.
- Press into a slice tin and place in the fridge to cool and set.
- Shift the icing sugar.
- Mix together the icing sugar, softened butter, lemon juice and rind.
- When smooth, ice the slice and return to the fridge for the icing to set.