This year we had a vampire themed halloween party so a "Bloody Eyeball Punch" was created. This is a really nice punch enjoyed by young and old, recipe below.
See the whole party here.
- 1/2 Cup Caster sugar
- 8 tablespoons of water
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- red food colouring
- 4 litres red creaming soda
- 2 litres good vanilla ice cream.
- Combine the sugar and water in a saucepan and cook string over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved,
- Remove from the heat and add the milk and almond extract.
- Transfer to a large jug and allow to cool to room temperature, then move to the fridge to chill.
- When ready to serve, transfer the mixture to the punch bowl.
- Add food colouring a bit at a time until you reach your desired colour.
- Add soda, leaving space for the ice cream.
- Add ice cream using a scoop
- Pop in some washed eyeballs