Welcome to another Wicked Wednesday, a day for sweet indulgences.
Today I've made some delightful but simple Christmas Tree cup cakes. These are simple to make and look great for Christmas celebrations. They would make a great addition to any school Christmas party.
- 12 Vanilla cup cakes. - use your favourite recipe.
- 125g softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 Tbls milk
- Food colour - I've used Wilton icing colour in kelly green
- Cachous balls in various colours and sizes.
- Make cakes according to recipe.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until soft and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and 1/2 the milk
- The mixture should be quite thick so it can be piped, add more milk if required
- Add the food colour a small amount at a time and mix well until you reach the desired colour
- Using a piping bag and a flatfish nozzle pipe the icing starting at the outside and working into the middle, building up layers.
- Decorate with cachous balls.
- Wilton: Cake decorating products