At this time of year I'm always looking for Christmas themed snacks to take to class parties and other Christmas events. This year I've make Christmas Bauble Cookies, iced them with bright colours and added decorations using a mixture of gel icing and cachous balls. The children all loved these Christmas Bauble Cookies.
Add Christmas Bauble Cookies to your Christmas recipe box.
Recipe: Sugar Cookies
- 250g butter, at room temprature
- 1 1/4 cups caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups plain flour, sifted
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. I use an electric mixer for these cookies with a paddle attachment.
- Add the egg and continue beating.
- Add the Vanilla, salt and about 1/2 a cup of flour at a time and mix until a ball of dough has formed.
- Pat the dough into a disc shape, cover with cling wrap and place in the fridge for approx 1 hour.
- Preheat over to 180c and line two baking trays with baking paper
- On a floured surface, roll about a 1/4 of the dough at a time into a circle about 5 ml thick.
- Use cookie cutters to cut into the desired shape.
- Place on the baking paper and bake for 10 - 15 minutes until the edges are slightly brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack to completely cool before icing.
Recipe: Royal icing
- 500g pure icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup water
- food colouring
- Mix the icing sugar and lemon juice in a bowl with a half of the water.
- Continue to add water until the icing is well combined but not too runny.
- Divide the icing into smaller bowls and add food colour a drop at a time until you reach your desired colour
- Ice and decorate your cookies