Another Wednesday and another tempting chocolate dessert to help you get through the week. This is a very rich chocolate mousse that would make a great end to any dinner party or an indulgent treat for anytime you feel like a chocolate fix.
This dessert only has only 4 ingredients and is very simple to make but also very delicious.
- 200g dark chocolate, the best you can find
- 4 eggs, separated
- 100 g softened butter
- 1 tablespoon caster suger
- Raspberries and icing suger to garnish
- Melt the chocolate in a heat proof bowl (I use a microwave on medium power in bursts of 30 seconds with a stir in between each 30 seconds).
- Mix in the egg yolks.
- Add the softened butter and ensure everything is well combined.
- Whip the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Add the caster sugar to the egg whites and mix until the sugar is disolved.
- Fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture and mix to combine.
- Divide between 4 cocktail glasses and refrigerate until set.
- Remove from the fridge slightly prior to serving and bring to almost room temperature, garnish with raspberries and icing sugar.