I recently visited one my sisters who lives in central Victoria, while visiting she made this fantastic tart, what better to share for a wicked Wednesday.
It is always a pleasure to visit the country and get some fresh air. I especially like the farmers markets where you can always find wonderful fresh produce and edible delights that you can't find locally.
This tart was made with local honey, lemons and eggs and garnished with mint from the garden, a great summer treat.
- 300g Chocolate Biscuits.
- 60g melted butter.
- 3 tablespoons pure honey.
- Juice and zest of two lemons.
- 1 x 395g can condensed milk.
- 1/2 cup cream.
- 4 eggs.
- Thickened Cream, Fruit or Mint to garnish.
- Preheat oven to 170 C.
- Crush the biscuits and combine with the melted butter.
- Press the biscuit mixture into a 22 cm tart pan and chill for 30 minutes.
- Place honey, lemon juice and zest, condensed milk, cream and eggs in a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Pour into the tart case and bake for 35 minutes or until the centre is set, but still has some movement.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours to chill and set.
- Serve with thickened cream and your garnish of choice.