As winter descends and the days become shorter and colder we all look to ways of staying warm and enjoying the indoors. I find a great lazy Sunday afternoon doesn't get much better than a Chilli Hot Chocolate, a good book and an open fire. The combination works really well at alleviating the winter gloom. On the other Hand, my children have not embraced the flavour of Chilli Hot Chocolate, so I find I'm also making a pot of regular Hot Chocolate, with Strawberries on the side.
So, when you next have a lazy afternoon at home, try a pot of Chilli Hot Chocolate.
Chilli Hot Chocolate
- 100 g good Dark Chocolate (at least 70% cocoa)
- 3 cups Milk
- 1 tablespoon Caster Sugar (or to taste)
- Chili Powder
- Heat Milk in a saucepan.
- When warm, break the chocolate into the milk and stir until melted.
- Bring to almost a simmer and add a pinch of Chilli. Taste and add more Chilli if required.
- If required, slowly add sugar until you reach the desired taste.
Note: For milk chocolate substitute the Dark Chocolate for Milk Chocolate and omit the Chill