Now that Cherries are back in season it's time to make Cherry Slice. Cherry slice is another fabulously simple slice, that is really quite delicious and while the slice does not use fresh cherries, fresh cherries are great served with this slice.
Another good, quick recipe to keep in the recipe file.
- 1 packet morning coffee biscuits
- 100 g chopped glace cherries
- 3 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 can (395g) condensed milk
- 125 g copha
- pink food colouring
- 200 g cooking chocolate
- Line the base and sides of a 20 cm x 30 cm slice pan.
- Arrange the biscuits over the base of the pan
- Combine the condensed milk, vanilla essence, melted copha in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add the coconut and cherries and continue to mix.
- Add a small amount of pink food colour and mix, adding more food colour until you reach the desired colour.
- Place the mixture over the biscuit base and press to cover evenly
- Melt the chocolate and pour over the top of the slice.
- Stand for one hour until set, in warmer weather place in the refrigerator.
- Cut into small square and serve.