School Holidays have arrived in Melbourne so time to start baking. Today we made some delightful Chocolate Macarons, these are very sweet but very yummy.
Recipe: (makes 12 +)
- 300g icing sugar
- 200g Almond Meal
- 2 tablespoons Cocoa
- 5 egg whites (room Temp)
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tatar
- 75g Caster Sugar
- 175 g Dark Chocolate
- 3/4 cup Cream
- Preheat oven to 150 c or 130 c fan forced.
- Line two trays with baking paper
- Blend the icing sugar, cocoa and almond meal until very fine, you may require a few batches
- Mix egg whites and cream of tatar until soft peaks form, slowly add the caster sugar and mix until disolved.
- Fold in the icing sugar mixture in three batches.
- Place mixture in a piping bag and pipe 3 cm circles on the baking paper, leaving 3 cm between each Macaron.
- Stand the tray at room temperature for 30 minutes
- Bake for 20 minutes or until firm to touch, remove from oven and allow to cool on the tray
- While baking, melt the dark chocolate and cream in a saucepan or microwave until melted and blended, allow to stand at room temperature until you reach a spreadable consistency.
- Spread the chocolate on a macaroon and make a macaroon sandwich.