Another Wicked Wednesday and another sweet treat to entice you into the kitchen. This week I've made another classic, the chocolate brownie. These delightful, but slightly decadent treats will certainly hit the spot if you are looking for a chocolate fix.
You can easily change this into a dessert by slightly warming the brownies and serving with a good vanilla ice-cream.
- 200g unsalted butter
- 200g the best dark chocolate you can find
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Extra Cocoa for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- line the base and sides of an 18 cm square cake pan.
- Melt the butter, chocolate and sugar in a saucepan over a gentle heat, then pour into a bowl and allow to slightly cool.
- Lightly beat the eggs and vanilla and add to the chocolate mixture, stirring to combine.
- Slowly add the sifted flour and cocoa to the mixture and combine well.
- Pour mixture into the lined cake pan and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Cut into squares or triangles to serve, and dust with extra cocoa